Monday, January 5, 2009

Keeping Fit

I couldn't sleep last night, finally fell to the sandman about 3 this morning. At 4:30 woke up to the alarm letting me know that the Health Zone opened in 30 minutes and I was supposed to meet the trainer. So, I crawled out of bed and threw on some workout clothes. I knew that I had to get ready for an entire day before I left...I wasn't coming back home until after running tonight.

I had my first ever mammogram right after the workout, so I had to be prepared for that. I had to then go to school/work, so I had to be ready for that. I then was supposed to meet the RW group at 21 and Riverside at 5:30 pm to run. I was then supposed to pick up my daughters from dance and take them home to feed them. Included in all of this were the appropriate clothes and food. I had my work/school clothes in my bag, along with makeup and curling iron. I could get dressed at the HZ before I went to the mammogram. I also put two pairs of running pants/shirts in my bag and my running shoes. I packed my lunch...we are supposed to be watching what we eat now as we beginning half-marathoners are getting ready for runs longer than 3 mi. I also packed breakfast and two snacks.

I made it to everything but running! How do I do that? I am on contract at school to work until 4:45. I thought that I could leave then and make it to Riverside on time. Which, in theory, works. But my principal came back to my teaching area right around that time and started rearranging our class pets...he brought in two snakes. I felt obligated to stay and help with the rearranging, after all it was my classroom.

So then I thought that I could make it to the HZ to swim or run on the treadmill. Not to be. By the time I got out and over to pick up my daughters I needed to bring them home and feed them.

So, here is my revised running plan for the week:
Monday - crosstrain - I did walk a mile and then work out with weights in the morning. I can count that.
Tuesday - get up in the morning and run at the HZ, go for at least 3.5 miles at 2.0. (I have other obligations on Tuesday nights)
Wednesday - get up and make it to the HZ again to run and work out.
Thursday - meet with the RW group at the store and run.
Friday - off
Saturday - see if I can make the 4 miles we are supposed to do on Saturday. I think we are meeting at the store at 8:00 a.m.

Did I remember to say Running is Hard! (My goal for the year is to be able to not say that!)

4 comments:

T Z said...

Running is also FUN! :-)

Bobby said...

Running is also a stress reliever!:-)

Susan Michaels said...

I agree with you running is hard but we can do it. Sorry you didn't make it monday night. there were a few brave souls that came out in the cold to run. I used to work at a school so I know how it is about being kept over.

Anonymous said...

You know, I gave up wearing makeup several years ago. It was hard at first, but now I relish the fact that I don't have to worry with all that ruckus. I'm what you might call a granola girl, except I do shave! I have just found other ways to feel beautiful! Keep up the running, sweetie! You are inspiring me!!!